Benefits of Early Treatment
Benefits of Developmental Treatment
- Eliminates the need for permanent teeth extractions and surgery—and the associated discomforts and costs.
- Creates adequate space for eye teeth, thereby preventing their impaction.
- Prevents root resorption—shortening of the roots during treatment.
- Enables the Orthodontist to direct jaw growth to accommodate tooth size ensuring a stable and lasting result.
- Significantly reduces the total time in braces.
- Improves a young person’s self-esteem.
- Treatment is typically completed prior to entering high school.
- Encourages cooperation: preteen patients are more enthusiastic about wearing braces.
- Helps to avoid the high risk of fracture to protruding front teeth.
- Intercepting orthodontic problems early makes the entire treatment process more comfortable for the patient.